For the Culture Module, my group and I settled on the topic of blogging. We chose this in part because we are currently blogging for each of our assignments, and this assignment has a potential to make us better bloggers for our Digital Studies class.
My goal is to complete at least one subtask for all the tasks listed on the blogging assignment:
- Experiment with platforms
- Practice customizing platform – I started working with WordPress at the beginning of the semester, but still have some learning to do when it comes to customization, so I will solely work on this platform for the remainder of the project.
- Learn about the blogging culture
- I plan to research all of the prompts for this task in hopes to learn more about how blogging began, when and why. Who is using it? Has that changed given how easily accessible platforms like WordPress are? Who is the typial blogger? I have my own assumptions about this particular question, and I hope to find out how accurate these assumptions are. Lastly, I will research how, if at all, have blogs, blogging, and bloggers factored into politics.
- Practice Blogging
- My goal for this is task is to submit blog entries for at least three consecutive days. The theme or style I will use is dependent on what I find to be the most popular way of blogging, and fits my personality.
- Finally, I will submit a reflection and findings post to this assignment. In it, I hope to have answers for all the questions posed in the tasks.